Whenever you talk about the bedroom furniture and furnishing, the main concern always remains for curtains, bed covers, bed, wardrobes, and all other stuff but never for mattress. The mattress doesn’t have any visible effect on your bedroom décor and that is often the reason for neglecting it. Though the mattress may not have any visible effect on your décor, there is lot of functionality associated with it. The good mattress is not required for the well-being of your home interiors but it is quite crucial for well-being of your own self.
The apposite mattress would refresh your body and soul through sound night’s sleep. Below mentioned useful tips for mattress selection may safeguard you against most of the common health ailments.
- Size – Size of the mattress is decided on the basis of size of the bed. There are certain standard sized mattresses like king size and queen size available in the market. If your bed is made to order and doesn’t fit to this standard size chart then you may get the mattress specially designed to fit the bed size. When you are doing this, make sure that the measurements are given in the lowest possible unit of measurement to avoid any size discrepancies. This will enhance the accuracy of measurement and also achieve the right fit between mattress and bed.
- Hardness and Support – The mattress supports your spine for the entire night and the coil springs arrangement of the mattress should align with the spine of the person lying on it. Earlier the mattresses were designed such that one size fits all but this is not true in current scenario. Every body type decides the hardness of the mattress. If you are suffering from back pain then you will need proper back support that is usually achieved by hard mattress. The softness or hardness of the mattress solely depends on the individual need but when the mattress is being shared by two people then opting for the standard mattress that is not too soft or not too hard would go well.
- Material – Mattresses were earlier made only from cotton but later on the use of foam became prominent.
- The foam mattress got its popularity because of fixed shape and size. The foam mattress holds food for kids as they may spill water and fluids on the mattress. The foam mattress can be cleaned easily.
- The spring coil mattresses are also used abundantly now as the spring offers the much required support to the back.
- Another introduction in the mattress world is memory foam mattress. The memory foam is also the kind of foam but the difference is that it takes the shape of your body when you sleep on it. This way it will provide support on all sides and hence your body will get utmost relaxation.
Apart from the above mentioned criteria, the best way to select the best mattress is to just try it before you order it. Take the trial of all available mattresses in the mattress studio and then order the one that makes you comfortable through its curves. This will take away most of your pains by providing proper rest.